Monday, May 7

{ARTIST TO WATCH Q&A} Sarah Breeding: @sarahbreeding #Twitter

As the host of Rise and Shine with Rae on Platinum Radio, I am constantly searching for new music & candid artists for my listeners to experience & enjoy. Well, as a Jhene Aiko admirer & supporter, I was searching to see if she had any new music available in the dj pool I could add to my show's track line-up. Fortunately, she did...however, I also came across another artist in the midst of my searching for Jhene Aiko music: Sarah Breeding.

Get Ease Your Mind on iTunes
Now, if you look up her single: Ease Your Mind via YouTube, you'll find it listed as a Jhene Aiko track uploaded by Eardope. However, in the description you'll notice the real artist singing is a young singer/songwriter listed as @sarahb via SoundCloud. Then it links you to her SoundCloud account where you can listen to the song via its original artist.

Now, I will admit I was kind of disappointed towards the uploader because it seemed like click bait where someone had uploaded her song under Jhene Aiko's name to get clicks...but when you hear Sarah's voice...and you actually listen to the song...you'll see that it was just a mere promotional tactic because her artistry is worth that connection...because the similarities are there. And, I'll be honest, I actually thought I was listening to Jhene Aiko there for a split second. And I was feelin' it, therefore I wanted to read the description...which led me straight to Sarah.

And I'm not complaining.

Her voice is smooth & sultry...seductively soothing, if I must label. The lyrics just flow like placid lakes. The vibe is mood music.

As a new admirer of her artistry, I--naturally--wanted to include her within the loop of The Underground Artistry. And due to the fact she's somewhat new to the scene, stating she's "un-managed", means she's truly independent and considered underground.

So, I reached out to her via Twitter; you can find Sarah on Twitter here.

And I was candid with her; I told her how I came across her music, how much I liked the song and that I'd like to interview her for The Underground Artistry. She obliged. However, she's in the midst of graduating high school--like I stated: she's a young singer/songwriter--so, she's experiencing a few time restraints at this moment, yet she mentioned she'd "love to". So, I typed up & emailed her a list of interview prep questions: a simple Q&A. She answered & emailed them back, which you can find below.

Q&A:

Me: What's your name & email address?
Sarah: Sarah Breeding @ sarahbreedingmusic@gmail.com

M: What is your genre of choice?
S: R&B

M: What prompted you to want to do music? And how long have you been singing/songwriting/recording?
S: I've always had a passion for music since I was a little kid. I always sang along to the radio when I started talking & my parents realized that I actually could sing. They put me in choir in 4th & 5th grade & I began to grow my appreciation for music. In 6th grade, I started band & played sax. I'm about to graduate high school now & I'm still in the band! My middle school conductor, Mr. Divers & my high school conductor, Mr. Caldwell really helped me grow an appreciation for all types of music aside from the genre I sing.

I started recording about a year ago when I did this song called, Front.
Get  Front on iTunes
My friend, Keezy, asked if he could throw a verse on it & put it on his album. The people in my city went crazy over it. In August [2017], I recorded my first single, Ease Your Mind & I didn't release it until Valentine's Day this year [2018] because I felt like people wouldn't like the song. But, I was proven wrong!

I had so much support from people all over my city & different states and even people in different countries. So that definitely motivated me to keep writing and recording.

M: How old were you when you wrote your first song? Do you still remember the title?
S: My first song I ever wrote was called, Take it Back. I was about 14 or 15. I performed it for a Key Club benefit talent show that raised money for families in need in Africa. The second time I performed it was at a Relay for Life Walk-a-thon. Both shows had pretty big crowds; the second one had 1,500 people, so that actually helped me with getting over my little stage fright phase.

M:What are some of the musical greats that inspire your music?
S: Jhene Aiko, H.E.R., Kehlani, Ariana Grande, Khalid, Sza, Rihanna, PartyNextDoor, 6lack, Bryson Tiller. All of their voices are so soothing & they all have a story or meaning behind their music. They make the type of music that hits your soul when you take in the lyrics & that's exactly how I want people to feel when they hear my songs.

M: What would you tell younger generations pursuing music as a career?
S: If you feel like this is your passion, go for it. Figure out what you need to do to start on your career and do it. If music is the only thing you see yourself doing in the future, then go after it...but be patient!

M: If someone needed to contact you for a performance, how can they book you?
S: I'm currently un-managed, since I'm new to this and just turning 18, so if anyone is actually interested then they can contact me through email or any of my social media accounts.
[Twitter/ Facebook/ SoundCloud]

M: What do you feel makes you different from other artists?
S: I put my entire soul into every song I write. When you're listening to my songs, you're actually listening to my heart speak & you're hearing all the emotions that I had to let go of when I was writing the song. Writing songs is the only true way I can vent & let certain things go that weigh on my mind. I never hold back anything I'm feeling because I know there's someone out there who's going through the same situation. I just want people to know that everyone has heartache and trust issues, but I wanna make music that can relate to those people's situations so every time they're going through it, they'll pick up their phone and start playing my song to feel better.

And that concludes the Artist to Watch Q&A; but, stay tuned, because in the upcoming weeks, you'll be able to listen to so much more during the audio for the live interview. So hit that follow button to the side & be sure to follow Sarah on Twitter & SoundCloud. You can enjoy Ease Your Mind, the first single from Sarah Breeding, via SoundCloud below.



As always, if you're feelin' the song, drop your comments below & let me know what you think. Hit that share button. Follow the blog. Also, click the hyperlinks herein to be directed to Sarah's other channels. Thanks for visiting, reading, supporting. I love you guys & I hope you enjoyed the content!

Until next time...

Enjoy the music?
Support the artist.



xoxo,
Rachel Marie
The Underground Artistry...another site, not just another blog.

If you'd like more from this writer, visit her official Facebook page here & The Underground Artistry on Facebook here. You can also follow her on Twitter here.

*Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. No copyright infringement intended. ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS*

No comments:

Post a Comment